Short Story (Part 3)

Finally I saw her at distance; she was on Tower Bridge right on top of the roof in one of the towers, what a coincidence… I threw myself up there on an impulse and in the next moment I was right beside her.
She was a mess, with blood all over her bust and hair tips. The rest of the hair was pretty unkempt and dirty, actually, as she also was; her clothes and skin were a chaos as if she had been running through the woods or something. She was crying too, and I hated that. I barely could handle the idea of seen her unhappy. I stepped closer to give her a hug, to hold her in my arms, but she pushed me away.
“Get off of me!” – she cried out.
I could see the hopelessness in her eyes and it was heartbreaking. More and more I was regretting what I had done…
“I don’t know what happened. I didn’t want to and I knew I shouldn’t to but when I saw him…he was a friend of mine, besides we didn’t talked much, he was part of my group of friends, but I had to talk to him… And now he’s dead, he’s dead Taylor! I killed him…”
– “I told you…”
– I started.
“I know you told me that I had to forget everyone from my old life, I know it all okay?! I don’t know, I just couldn’t handle myself…”
– “All right, I’m sorry. I know how hard it must be for you, I felt the same after being turned. Now tell me, what happened? You know you can talk to me…”
– “I don’t know… I was beside of you and suddenly I saw him at the end of the road and I ran to him…I was fascinated. He asked me what I was doing there; said to me that everyone was looking for me, specially my parents. As he was talking I was hear him less and less until I couldn’t hear him at all; I was starving… I only could hear his heartbeat while as I watched his pulsing vein in his neck and it was too late… He tasted so good and I was sucking and sucking and I couldn’t stop. When I realized he was unconscious, still in my arms…dead.”
– “Come here.”
– I said, pushing her to my arms.
“Let go of me!” – she was struggling, trying to let go of my arms but she was doing an effort in vain. I would not let her go, she needed that hug and, finally, she figured out the same, stop fighting against me and hugged me back.
“I’m a monster Taylor!” – and she continued to cry.
“Shhh, calm down. You were just not ready to this new world that’s all, but you will. Now come, let’s go home.”

As we arrived home she went straight to the porch of her bedroom and I followed her. She looked like a statue, still, quiet, lifeless. She was looking at the sky, or beyond it, I can’t tell for sure. It was a calm and bright night followed by the full moon, but it doesn’t matter, I was looking at Amber, brighter than any bright night. And there we stood for a while.
“It’s so beautiful.” – she said not moving her eyes of it.
“Yes, it really is.” – I answered, starring at her. In that moment she turned her eyes straight to mine. It seemed it was like she was having an internal conflict or something, I could see it in her face. Finally she spoke.
“In spite of being irrevocably mad at you I can’t do anything about it. I want to kill you but at the same time…” – she stopped.
“What? What were you going to say?”
– “Why do I want to kill you so badly and, at the same time, kiss you…?” 
That was the last thing I was expecting to hear of her mouth – “Well… I’ve explained that to you…all your emotions are increased now as a vampire. For example, imagine a thing you really liked to do as human, as a vampire that desire will be a hundred times higher.”
– “So, that means I really hate you for making me a vampire, even though it wasn’t on purpose, perhaps trying to cover-up the hate I feel for my own right now and, at the same time could mean that, above all of this, I like you?”
– “You tell me.” – I stepped closer to her and I felt her tension.
“I just know I really want to kiss you right now…”
– “So kiss me…” – in that moment I got her even closer to me and I was already with my lips on hers.
It felt so good, so perfect, so right… I couldn’t remember the last time I felt more alive than I was feeling now. Apart from our condition seemed like her skin was on fire as mine was. First I kissed her lips, then her ears and finally her neck.
“Aargh…” – she groaned.
One hand I buried on her hair and continued to kiss her and the other hand was travelling down her spine and then to her waist while, and slowly, stepped back in a way to put her against the wall. While I was kissing her, she was caressing my back and arms; hmm it felts so good! The desire and sexual tension were increasing, growing in a way that we could not handle ourselves any further. Suddenly she grabbed me and pushed me to the bed; now I was lying on it while she was on top of me kissing my lips passionately, then my neck and, pulling my sweater off, my chest while my hands were running down her body, discovering it.
“Wait, are you sure about this?” – I didn’t wanted to stop, was a fact, but I had to ask it to her.
“Oh shut up.” – she said in a sigh.
Fleetingly I turned her down and now I was the one on top; ripping her shirt and bra off I started to kiss her again from her lips, through her throat and reaching her breasts, kissing one by one. Another fast move and we were now sitting on the bed, front to front with no clothes dressed any longer. And we kept our journey discovering each others bodies; it was a mix of sweetness and wildness between all kisses and caresses combined with all the scratches, pulls and sudden movements. And without even noticed we reached that state where we couldn’t stop anymore and we had to go further and so we did; she was ready and slowly I made my approach. Now I was inside of her; seemed like everything else didn’t matter and only the two of us existed on this world; it was being so intense and pleasant for both of us, I knew it. I just wanted that moment to never end. But it did, and it did so damn good; we were almost reaching the climax when I bit her right on the neck and started sucking. She cried out with pleasure digging her finger nails into my back and a few more moments after both of us came in the most magical way. I fell exhausted on the bed followed be Amber who fell on top of me, and there we stood.

In a few hours would be dawn and in opposition from what would be normal I was more rested than ever. Well, maybe rested wasn’t the best word to describe what I was feeling in that moment; I was relaxed, calm, serene… I was happy. Amber was still at my side, static, snuggled against my body; I think she was sleeping. I took a deep breath.
“I hope you were not thinking about how sorry you are for had done this.”
– “Of course not!”
– I said without even thinking – “I thought you were sleeping.”
– “Good.”
– she replied, snuggling up to me. I passed my arm under her neck in order to get her closer to me and kissed her forehead.
“How are you feeling?”
    – “Fine. Actually, more than fine.”
– she turned her head and now she was staring at me with those big and wonderful eyes – “I like your eyes, reminds me the color and smell of the sea in the morning… And I also like your dark beard, it suits you.” – she said with a child look.
    – “Well, someone woke in a very good mood, I like it.” – I replied while I was trying to unravel her wild hair; I smiled at her and blushed.
    – “Seriously, you’re handsome Taylor. Not only outside but also here,” – she said touching on my chest near to my heart – “on the inside. You really are an angel you know that.” – I looked at her with a suspicious look – “Yeah, I remember that too.” – she smiled. Of course she remembered, a new born vampire remembers perfectly of their last moments or even hours of life as human.
    – “Your silly girl, you are the angel here Amber.” – I said kissing her.
    – “So…you said you would tell me later why you have chosen me well, so to speak.”
    I was no longer expecting that question but, once again, she remembered of something I had told her before.
    – “Amber, when I saw you for the first time I felt something different. After I talked to you and remembering all years I had lived already as a vampire, I looked at you and I kind of saw a hope in you… You were the only one so far in whom I saw a hope to me.”
    – “Could you be a little more specific?”
    – “I was delighted with you okay. Amazed, bewitched perhaps. I knew it was impossible but that…thing I was feeling was stronger than me. That’s why I went to that hospital, that’s why I fed you with my blood. You had to live, you had to get better because, I don’t know why but, I wanted the best for you… Unfortunately you died. Don’t get me wrong…I got really sad for your human life but now, I can’t say I’m sad anymore, because I’m not.”

    Slowly she got up from bed and started to look around to everything else but me. Silence was planted in the room; there was nothing more I could say. For a long while everything seemed to freeze and time stopped.
    – “I have to leave.” – she said – “I can’t and I don’t want to be here anymore, it’s too risky. I’m afraid that situations like that that happened tonight might happen again… It’s too painful to be here. I have to let them go live their lives without me and I have to start living my own new life.”
    – “I understand.”
– crestfallen I answered. I felt horrible, devastated, confused… I couldn’t exactly explain what I was feeling in that moment.
    – “I would like you to come with me you know, see the world and all that…”
I couldn’t believe what she was saying – “Oh I can’t believe it! You scared me to dead Amber!”
    – “Well, technically you’re already dead so…”
– she said with a wily smile.
    I walked to her and, putting my hands in her cheeks I kissed her passionately. Ultimately she wanted me too and she wanted to stay with me as much as I wanted to stay with her. How could a person go from a state of extreme sadness to a complete happiness? Well, I could.
    – “So, will you come with me?” – she asked again, predicting my answer already, with that wonderful smile.
    And smiling back at her I answered – “Of course I will!”

The End
(for now)


 Vanessa Oliveira ® All Rights Reserved

Comments